Perl & Win32 & RHEL

neelsmail

Hi,

I am _very_ new to Perl (third day to be precise) so apologies in
advance for the incorrectness in post below.

I am trying to run a perl script on _RHEL 5.1_. That script, when ran,
throws error "Cannot load Win32::OLE: Can't locate Win32/OLE.pm in
@INC..". I have managed to download few other dependencies when I got
the messages about missing dependencies from net (from different
sites). But, as far as Win32 is concerned, I don't seem to find a site
where I can download Win32 rpm.

Could you let me know where I can get it from (if it's a paid service/
module I will have to ask the company I work for)? If you are not
aware, could you point me to the correct source?

Thanks,
Vishvesh

sisyphus

On May 9, 9:38 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
.
.
I am trying to run a perl script on _RHEL 5.1_. That script, when ran,
throws error "Cannot load Win32::OLE: Can't locate Win32/OLE.pm in
@INC..".

Win32::OLE works only on MS Windows.
For use on linux, you'll need to rewrite the script so that it no
longer makes use of Win32::OLE.

Cheers,
Rob