Perl wont install

Frieza

Hi can anyone help I have a vista operating system i downloaded perl
msi package but when I install I get a message sayin unable to set or
remove path please do so manually can anyone come up with a solution.

Joost Diepenmaat

Hi can anyone help I have a vista operating system i downloaded perl msi
package but when I install I get a message sayin unable to set or remove
path please do so manually can anyone come up with a solution.

Which msi package is that? I'm assuming you mean the activestate.com one.

If everything else in the install process went right, it just means you
can't execute perl from the command prompt without giving it's full path,
i.e. you'd have to do:

c:\some\path\to\perl -e 'print "OK\n"'

instead of the easier

perl -e 'print "OK\n"'

you can fix that by setting/modifying the PATH environment variable to
include the directory that the perl.exe was installed in.

On windows it should contain a ";" separated list of directories.

See also: http://banagale.com/changing-your-system-path-in-windows-
vista.htm

and http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Joost.

Frieza

Which msi package is that? I'm assuming you mean the activestate.com one.

If everything else in the install process went right, it just means you
can't execute perl from the command prompt without giving it's full path,
i.e. you'd have to do:

c:\some\path\to\perl -e 'print "OK\n"'

instead of the easier

perl -e 'print "OK\n"'

you can fix that by setting/modifying the PATH environment variable to
include the directory that the perl.exe was installed in.

On windows it should contain a ";" separated list of directories.

See also:http://banagale.com/changing-your-system-path-in-windows-
vista.htm

andhttp://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Joost.

done what you said found the path and then put it where it should be
thank you.