    --------------

    Please CC a copy of your message to me.
    --------------
    Robin, Jan 11, 2004

  2. In article <btqhek$539$>, Robin wrote:
    > Does anyone know when perl 6 is due out?

    No.

    Ok, maybe some members of the perl 6 development team, but I bet they
    wouldn't want to commit to anything . :)

    dha

    "We're dumber than squirrels. We hear voices and do what they
    command. I have broccoli in my socks." - Dilbert's boss
    David H. Adler, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Robin <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know when perl 6 is due out?

    In a few more years.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    TM> Robin <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone know when perl 6 is due out?

    TM> In a few more years.

    for some definition of year :)

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    R> Does anyone know when perl 6 is due out?
    R> Thanks.

    try mastering perl 5 first. you are really wallowing around with all
    these questions.

    have you read the ENTIRE faq yet? if not, do it now. skip the parts you
    don't understand but learn about the questions covered. most of what you
    ask is in there.

    read all the *tut documents that come with perl.

    read beginning perl (free at learn.perl.org).

    read more docs.

    once you have done all that, then come back and ask questions.

    and STOP TOP POSTING. you are on the edge of being killfiled by many.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jan 11, 2004
  6. On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:46:15 +0000, Uri Guttman wrote:

    > R> Does anyone know when perl 6 is due out? R> Thanks.
    >
    > try mastering perl 5 first. you are really wallowing around with all
    > these questions.
    >
    > have you read the ENTIRE faq yet? if not, do it now. skip the parts you
    > don't understand but learn about the questions covered. most of what you
    > ask is in there.
    >
    > read all the *tut documents that come with perl.
    >
    > read beginning perl (free at learn.perl.org).
    >
    > read more docs.
    >
    > once you have done all that, then come back and ask questions.
    >
    > and STOP TOP POSTING. you are on the edge of being killfiled by many.

    Excellent advise! You took the words right out of my mouth.

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    If a listener nods his head when you're explaining your program,
    wake him up.
    James Willmore, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Robin

    Robin Guest

    where's the faq?

    --
    peace,
    Robin

    http://www.stemsystems.com
    > --Perl Consulting, Stem Development, Systems Architecture, Design and

    Coding-

    http://jobs.perl.org
    Robin, Jan 12, 2004
  8. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    R> what's top posting, I feel like an idiot, I'll get to the faq,
    R> where do I get this faq?

    i emailed AND posted my last message. don't just email me when you mean
    to also post.

    as for top posting, have you seen the group guidelines posted here every
    couple of days? do you read anything in this group but threads that you
    started? if you don't have the guidelines on your news server (should be
    easy to check), then search google. if not, ask here and you will be
    given the url. do some homework for a change. i found the url for the
    guidelines in about 10 seconds but i don't feel like pasting it here for
    you.

    do you have any skills at researching anything? you keep asking simple
    questions that are easily found in the docs, faq, or decent perl
    books. did you start to read the list of things i posted?

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jan 12, 2004
  9. Robin

    Robin Guest

    yeah, ok...sorry.

    --
    peace,
    Robin

    http://jobs.perl.org
    Robin, Jan 12, 2004
  10. "Robin" <> wrote in news:btt9t9$8bn$:

    > where's the faq?

    You don't deserve to have a computer if you cannot find the FAQ.

    > --
    > peace,

    Not with you around. Have you paid any attention whatsoever to what
    everyone has been telling you?

    > Please CC a copy of your message to me.

    This is the UseNet. Post here, read here.

    See http://www.perldoc.com

    Stop top-posting. While you are at it, read the comp.lang.perl.misc posting
    guidelines and familiarize yourself with something called Google.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Jan 12, 2004
  11. Robin

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message

    > yeah, ok...sorry.

    And to top it off (literally), you top-posted again. You must be the pride
    of Santa Fe College...

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Jan 12, 2004