perlcc error - 'Can't unlink error file...'

Paul Urbanus

Hi,

I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of my
scripts. When I invoke the perl compiler by using perlcc, I get the
following error.

perlcc.bat: Can't unlink error file pccrYVGS

If I try multiple times, the error is the same but the filename changes.

I googled and didn't see anything that would help me.

One thing I did find out was that a recent installation of some
development tools blew away portions of my 'path' environment variable,
including the path to the perl bin directory (which also has
perlcc.bat). I have restored this to the path and it works (I can invoke
perlcc from any directory). However, I'm wondering if there is some
other path element that needs to be in place to prevent this error.

Here's the particulars for my system.

Platform: Windows 2000, SP4
Version: ActiveState v5.6.1

TIA

Urb

A. Sinan Unur

I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of my
scripts. When I invoke the perl compiler by using perlcc, I get the
following error.

perlcc.bat: Can't unlink error file pccrYVGS

If I try multiple times, the error is the same but the filename changes.

I googled and didn't see anything that would help me.

Have you read the documentation for the tool you want to use?

DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the
code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either
create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and
compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends.

The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole
codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen-
tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged.

Try:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/PAR/

Sinan