perlcc error - 'Can't unlink error file...'

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Paul Urbanus, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Paul Urbanus

    Paul Urbanus Guest

    Hi,

    I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of my
    scripts. When I invoke the perl compiler by using perlcc, I get the
    following error.

    perlcc.bat: Can't unlink error file pccrYVGS

    If I try multiple times, the error is the same but the filename changes.

    I googled and didn't see anything that would help me.

    One thing I did find out was that a recent installation of some
    development tools blew away portions of my 'path' environment variable,
    including the path to the perl bin directory (which also has
    perlcc.bat). I have restored this to the path and it works (I can invoke
    perlcc from any directory). However, I'm wondering if there is some
    other path element that needs to be in place to prevent this error.

    Here's the particulars for my system.

    Platform: Windows 2000, SP4
    Version: ActiveState v5.6.1

    TIA

    Urb
    Paul Urbanus, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Paul Urbanus <> wrote in news:XO-dnQCI-
    :

    > I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of my
    > scripts. When I invoke the perl compiler by using perlcc, I get the
    > following error.
    >
    > perlcc.bat: Can't unlink error file pccrYVGS
    >
    > If I try multiple times, the error is the same but the filename changes.
    >
    > I googled and didn't see anything that would help me.

    Have you read the documentation for the tool you want to use?

    DESCRIPTION
    perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the
    code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either
    create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and
    compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends.

    The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole
    codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen-
    tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged.

    Try:

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/PAR/

    Sinan
    A. Sinan Unur, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Paul Urbanus

    Mothra Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Paul Urbanus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a perl hack and want to distribute a windows executable of one of
    > my scripts.

    (snipped)

    You need to take a look at par for this

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/PAR/