    i'm using perl 5.8.4 on Slackware 10. What could be the cause of this?

    regards,
    Makko.
    makko, Mar 4, 2005

  2. makko wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > i tried using perlcc on my calc.pl script;
    > perlcc -o calc calc.pl
    >
    > but i get this error;
    > /usr/bin/perlcc: calc.pl did not compile, which can't happen:
    >
    > i'm using perl 5.8.4 on Slackware 10. What could be the cause of this?

    perlcc doesn't work for all but the simplest of scripts. For all
    practical purposes you should be using the pp tool (which is part of the
    PAR module) to produce a standalone version of your Perl scripts.

    http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR/script/pp

    Simon.
    Simon Andrews, Mar 4, 2005

  3. makko

    makko Guest

    PP works perfect thanx, but do the executables work on a machine with
    the same operating sysytem but without perl installed?
    Example: i make the executable on Linux_X86-perl_installed and run it
    on Linux_SPARC64-perl_!_installed.

    regards,
    Makko
    makko, Mar 17, 2005