    I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
    What's wrong ????
    Thanks...

    stratus, Feb 5, 2004

  2. stratus

    Sisyphus Guest

    stratus wrote:
    > I want to encrypt my perl code.
    > If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
    > However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)
    >
    > I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
    > What's wrong ????
    > Thanks...

    'perlcc' is no longer being maintained and was always buggy. Better to
    use the 'pp' tool that comes with the 'PAR' module from cpan instead of
    'perlcc'.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Feb 5, 2004

  3. stratus

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Sisyphus <> wrote:
    > stratus wrote:
    > > I want to encrypt my perl code.

    Why? You do realise this is almost certainly futile?

    > > If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
    > > However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
    > > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)
    > >
    > > I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
    > > What's wrong ????
    > > Thanks...
    > >

    > 'perlcc' is no longer being maintained and was always buggy. Better to
    > use the 'pp' tool that comes with the 'PAR' module from cpan instead of
    > 'perlcc'.

    ....except that the source will simply be copied into the executable
    verbatim, so it would be trivial to extract it with a text editor.

    Ben

    --
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the
    shoulder of Orion; I've watched C-beams glitter in the darkness near the

    Ben Morrow, Feb 5, 2004
  4. stratus <> wrote:

    > I want to encrypt my perl code.

    > However, if I use perlcc to compile,

    perlcc does not encrypt Perl code...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Feb 5, 2004
  5. On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:12:45 +0000, stratus wrote:

    > I want to encrypt my perl code.
    > If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
    > However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
    > No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)
    >
    > I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
    > What's wrong ????

    compile != encrypt

    perldoc -q 'hide'

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    You know you're a little fat if you have stretch marks on your
    car. -- Cyrus, Chicago Reader 1/22/82

    James Willmore, Feb 5, 2004