Perlcc Problem...

stratus

I want to encrypt my perl code.
If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)

I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
What's wrong ????
Thanks...

Sisyphus

stratus said:
I want to encrypt my perl code.
If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)

I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
What's wrong ????
Thanks...

'perlcc' is no longer being maintained and was always buggy. Better to
use the 'pp' tool that comes with the 'PAR' module from cpan instead of
'perlcc'.

Cheers,
Rob

Ben Morrow

Why? You do realise this is almost certainly futile?
'perlcc' is no longer being maintained and was always buggy. Better to
use the 'pp' tool that comes with the 'PAR' module from cpan instead of
'perlcc'.

....except that the source will simply be copied into the executable
verbatim, so it would be trivial to extract it with a text editor.

Ben

James Willmore

I want to encrypt my perl code.
If I do not use perlcc, it is without any problem and can run well.
However, if I use perlcc to compile, it will generate some messages,like
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLINK (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::CONCEALED (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::UNDERLINE (unable to autoload)
No definition for sub Term::ANSIColor::BLACK (unable to autoload)

I have already "use lib....."in the code and run without any problems.
What's wrong ????

compile != encrypt

perldoc -q 'hide'

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
You know you're a little fat if you have stretch marks on your
car. -- Cyrus, Chicago Reader 1/22/82