    finc the documentation? or am i doing something wrong?
    ANy help appreciated.
    Shashank
    Shashank Khanvilkar, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Shashank Khanvilkar <> writes:
    > Whenever i do
    > %>perldoc -f foreach
    > I get the following message
    > No documentation for perl function `foreach' found
    >
    > Are there any environment variables that I need to set for perldoc to
    > finc the documentation? or am i doing something wrong?

    'foreach' is not a built-in function, so "perldoc -f" doesn't find it.
    You can read about it in the syntax chapter: "perldoc perlsyn".

    I don't know if there is an easy way to get there just knowing the
    word "foreach".
    Arndt Jonasson, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Shashank Khanvilkar wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Whenever i do
    > %>perldoc -f foreach
    > I get the following message
    > No documentation for perl function `foreach' found
    >
    > Are there any environment variables that I need to set for perldoc to
    > finc the documentation? or am i doing something wrong?
    > ANy help appreciated.
    > Shashank

    Your basic problem is that foreach is not a function. It's a keyword
    for a looping construct. So -f isn't going to find it. Try perldoc
    perlintro and search for "foreach".

    --
    Christopher Mattern

    "Which one you figure tracked us?"
    "The ugly one, sir."
    "...Could you be more specific?"
    Chris Mattern, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Arndt Jonasson <> wrote in

    > Shashank Khanvilkar <> writes:
    >> Whenever i do
    >> %>perldoc -f foreach
    >> I get the following message
    >> No documentation for perl function `foreach' found
    >>
    >> Are there any environment variables that I need to set for perldoc to
    >> finc the documentation? or am i doing something wrong?

    > 'foreach' is not a built-in function, so "perldoc -f" doesn't find it.
    > You can read about it in the syntax chapter: "perldoc perlsyn".
    >
    > I don't know if there is an easy way to get there just knowing the
    > word "foreach".

    One can always look in the table of contents:

    perldoc perltoc

    Sinan.
    A. Sinan Unur, Dec 10, 2004