Perm Size growth

Amit Jain

Hi,

while analyzing heap dump via MAT eclipse tool. we found one suspect
area with the description mentioned below:
The classloader/component "sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @
0x9888c520" occupies 540,312,472 (51.03%) bytes. The memory is
accumulated in one instance of "java.util.HashMap$Entry[]" loaded by
"<system class loader>".Keywords
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0x9888c520
java.util.HashMap$Entry[]

Label Number Of Objects Used Heap Size Retained Heap Size
java.util.HashMap$Entry 210,402 5,049,648
530,425,488

I am new to Memory Leak task. Can anyone help me to move forward from
here.
What are the steps to identify cause for growth in Perm area for the
given Heap Dump in my application .

I'll appreciate quick response

regards, Amit J.