Perm Size growth

Discussion in 'Java' started by Amit Jain, Jun 17, 2010.

  1. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    Hi,

    while analyzing heap dump via MAT eclipse tool. we found one suspect
    area with the description mentioned below:
    The classloader/component "sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @
    0x9888c520" occupies 540,312,472 (51.03%) bytes. The memory is
    accumulated in one instance of "java.util.HashMap$Entry[]" loaded by
    "<system class loader>".Keywords
    sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0x9888c520
    java.util.HashMap$Entry[]

    Label Number Of Objects Used Heap Size Retained Heap Size
    java.util.HashMap$Entry 210,402 5,049,648
    530,425,488

    I am new to Memory Leak task. Can anyone help me to move forward from
    here.
    What are the steps to identify cause for growth in Perm area for the
    given Heap Dump in my application .

    I'll appreciate quick response

    regards, Amit J.
    Amit Jain, Jun 17, 2010