Permagick Fonts

Julia De Silva

Hi there all.

Has anyone any experience of putting text on top of images using Perlmagick,
in fact can anyone give us a few clues on using fonts with this module.

I've tried the shadow_text.cgi example in CGI Programming with Perl
(O'Reilly) but where are the fonts on a UNIX box, and how do I find them?

TIA.

Bart Lateur

Julia said:
Has anyone any experience of putting text on top of images using Perlmagick,
in fact can anyone give us a few clues on using fonts with this module.

Pretty text usage on ImageMagick is based upon Freetype2 (Freetype1 >=
1.1 for older versions of Imagemagick). You'll need that package
installed before you can use it in Imagemagick, and in PerlMagick. See
the install docs that came with ImageMagick to see which one you need.

<http://www.freetype.org/>