    I've tried the shadow_text.cgi example in CGI Programming with Perl
    (O'Reilly) but where are the fonts on a UNIX box, and how do I find them?

    TIA.

    Julia De Silva, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Julia De Silva

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Julia De Silva wrote:

    >Has anyone any experience of putting text on top of images using Perlmagick,
    >in fact can anyone give us a few clues on using fonts with this module.

    Pretty text usage on ImageMagick is based upon Freetype2 (Freetype1 >=
    1.1 for older versions of Imagemagick). You'll need that package
    installed before you can use it in Imagemagick, and in PerlMagick. See
    the install docs that came with ImageMagick to see which one you need.

    <http://www.freetype.org/>

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Julia De Silva

    vali Guest

    Julia De Silva wrote:

    >(O'Reilly) but where are the fonts on a UNIX box, and how do I find them?

    `man xlsfonts`

    vali, Sep 24, 2004