Permission denied at C:/Perl/site/lib/XML/Handler/YAWriter.pm line 43.

Piet L.

Hey,

I get this error when I try following code:

my $handler = XML::Handler::YAWriter->new(AsFile => "c:\\z.xml");
my $generator = XML::Generator::DBI->new(
Handler => $handler,
dbh => $dbh
);

AsString => "-" work good.

thanks

Brian McCauley

Piet said:
I get this error when I try following code:

Please do not put important information only in the subject of your
post. I assume 'this error' was 'Permission denied at
C:/Perl/site/lib/XML/Handler/YAWriter.pm line 43.'
my $handler = XML::Handler::YAWriter->new(AsFile => "c:\\z.xml");

Perhaps you should explain how you have ruled out the blindingly obvious
explaination, namely that the process executing this code does not have
permission to write to c:\z.xml ?