permission denied error message

Guest

Hi,

We have a webservice that can log information to a text file on the local
machine. The ability to log information is configurable. The .net web service
is called from a vb dll. From the vb side of the fence, we're getting an
error message that indicates access is denied to the log file. The folder and
log file both have the asnet user set up with full control. Additionally the
parent folders have list access and read access for the user. The security
event log contains a record with the permissions being requested.

Additional info: the web service works on two other boxes with simular
configurations. The major difference is the box that doesn't work is in the
DMZ and does not have a domain controller.

Any ideas???

Ken

Elton Wang

Hi Ken,

In your webservice, do you allow or deny anonymous access?
if you don't deny anonymous access, you might need to
grant permossion to another account IUSR (Ineternet Guest
Account).

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)