Permission denied error on local script.

Sal

I have a set of documentation files on my C: drive stored in folder
C:
\docs. The folder is not shared. In that folder there's an index.html
file that contains links to many other files. When I doubleclick
index.html, it brings up an IE7 window as expected, but when I click
any of the links inside it I get an "Error on page" on the status
bar.
When I doubleclick the error to get the details they are as follows:

Line: 157 (this varies depending on which link I click)
Char: 1 (always char 1 no matter which link)
Error: Permission denied
Code: 0

I think the error occurs within the following block of code:

onmouseover="this.bgColor='#CCFFDD';
style.cursor='pointer'"
onmouseout="this.bgColor='#e8fa71'"
title="Java runtime launcher"
onclick="location.href='technotes/tools/windows/
java.html';">

This is a set of java documentation that I downloaded for java.sun.com
as a zipped folder. I extracted all the files, using the wizard, to C:
\docs.

Evertjan.

Sal wrote on 10 aug 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
[...]

It seems you are linking to a folder or file that gives no read
permission.

Start debugging by making a small file test.html with:

<hr>
Test2</span>