"Permission denied" error using dojo with iFrames

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Snolly, Aug 8, 2008.

  1. Snolly

    Snolly Guest

    Hi all,

    I am using the open source dojo toolkit v .4.3 (I know it's old but
    can't upgrade). I have a page with an iframe in it. When the page
    loads, the iframe is pointing at a local resource (i.e. another page
    on the same server). The iframe is then navigated to an external
    resource (a page from another server). At this point everything is as
    expected. The problem occurs if I now click a link outside of the
    iFrame. I get:

    Permission denied to get property Window.__PopupManagerRegistered
    [Break on this error] throw _13||Error(_12);

    from dojo.js

    The interesting part is, if at initial load time the iFrame is pointed
    at an external resource, I don't see this error. Any ideas??

    Thanks!

    Snolly, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Snolly wrote:
    > I am using the open source dojo toolkit v .4.3 (I know it's old but
    > can't upgrade). [...]

    Why can't you?

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 9, 2008