Permission denied error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by zbob, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. zbob

    zbob Guest

    Hello

    I have the following configuration:
    - Windows 2000 Adv Server
    - IIS is running on this machine
    - I have some ASP scripts and a global.asa file

    In the the global.asa file (in the Application_OnStart section) I create
    an instance on a COM object (in fact it is a Windows service that has a
    COM interface (the corresponding Windows service is running)). The code
    of this section of global.asa:

    Sub Application_OnStart
    Set Application("ComObject") =
    Server.CreateObject("ComObject.Interface")
    End Sub

    One of my ASP script is called every second by another application and
    this ASP script calls one of the COM object's methods. The code of this
    ASP script is:

    result = Application("ComObject").Method

    Most of the time this is working fine, but sometimes this ASP generates
    an error 500 page and I have the following error in the IIS log files:
    800a0046|Permission_denied:_'Application(...).Method'

    The strange thing is that for a few days this error does not happen and
    suddenly this error occurs very often (up to every 10 seconds).

    I have tried several things but this error always occurs.

    Thanks in advance

    zbob, Jul 18, 2003