"Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open" error

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by bleen, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. bleen

    bleen Guest

    Here is my issue:
    The js I use on the following page works great using jquery, jqmaps
    and the google maps API to load up a map:

    http://dev.c21hull.com/listings/map.htm?listing_id=GL-9027

    Now, I want to load the map in a modal window via an AJAX call so I
    use jqmodal. When you click "mapit" the modal window loads (I know the
    close btn doesn't do anything yet) and the AJAX request is returned
    nicely, but when the map tries to load within the content that was
    just returned I get a "Permission denied to call method
    XMLHttpRequest.open" error. Here is the example:

    http://dev.c21hull.com/listings/browse.htm?byid=9027&bytype=all&bypri...

    I understand that the error in question happens when you make requests
    cross domain, but why does this code work in the first example but not
    the second? After researching, it has been suggested I use a SS proxy;
    how can I do that here? Please explain as much as possible - I'd like
    to learn this and really understand it.

    Thanks!!
    Alex

    bleen, Aug 1, 2007