Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

francescomoi

Hi.

I'm trying to build a webpage which calls another one (at a
different server) by using:
var req = new XMLHttpRequest()

I know some browsers (Mozilla and IE) doesn't allow it, and
shows this error:
Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

Can I solve this issue? Thx.

Martin Honnen

I'm trying to build a webpage which calls another one (at a
different server) by using:
var req = new XMLHttpRequest()

I know some browsers (Mozilla and IE) doesn't allow it, and
shows this error:
Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

Can I solve this issue? Thx.

IE has different security zones and for each zone you can configure
whether access to data sources from a different server is allowed. So
you would need your users to lower the normal security settings or put
your site in the trusted zone for instance and configure that to allow
such access.
With Mozilla you would need to use signed script and then request the
privilege to access data from a different server, the browser user can
then grant that privilege or not and save that setting.

Or you solve it on your server by setting up a "proxy" script that
fetches the XML from the other servers so that the client-side script
connects to your own server only.

carlbernardi

Is it possible to call a page from a different server into an iframe or
something and then getting the document somehow using javascript??

Phat G5 (G3)

You can load anything you want into an iframe but you are not allowed to
read from it unless the content of the iframe is from the same domain.

-Steffan

j_liu21

Without full knowledge of httprequest() to create signed scripts and
hiding the impact to end users, can you provide more detail on the
proxy script. Also, is this a change to the destination web server,
i.e. one change corrects this for all end users? I'm performing a
httprequest on the same local server but an getting this error message.
It does not appear when I test via localhost in the url.