    Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

    Can I solve this issue? Thx.
    , Jul 25, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm trying to build a webpage which calls another one (at a
    > different server) by using:
    > var req = new XMLHttpRequest()
    >
    > I know some browsers (Mozilla and IE) doesn't allow it, and
    > shows this error:
    > Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open
    >
    > Can I solve this issue? Thx.

    IE has different security zones and for each zone you can configure
    whether access to data sources from a different server is allowed. So
    you would need your users to lower the normal security settings or put
    your site in the trusted zone for instance and configure that to allow
    such access.
    With Mozilla you would need to use signed script and then request the
    privilege to access data from a different server, the browser user can
    then grant that privilege or not and save that setting.

    Or you solve it on your server by setting up a "proxy" script that
    fetches the XML from the other servers so that the client-side script
    connects to your own server only.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jul 25, 2005

    Is it possible to call a page from a different server into an iframe or
    something and then getting the document somehow using javascript??
    , Jul 26, 2005
  4. Phat G5 (G3) Guest

    You can load anything you want into an iframe but you are not allowed to
    read from it unless the content of the iframe is from the same domain.

    -Steffan

    in article ,

    Phat G5 (G3), Jul 26, 2005

    Without full knowledge of httprequest() to create signed scripts and
    hiding the impact to end users, can you provide more detail on the
    proxy script. Also, is this a change to the destination web server,
    i.e. one change corrects this for all end users? I'm performing a
    httprequest on the same local server but an getting this error message.
    It does not appear when I test via localhost in the url.
    , Jul 30, 2005

    Sorry, got it. I was using CFAjax and found what the problem was in
    their BB.
    , Jul 30, 2005