permission denied!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by wild_bunch, May 17, 2007.

  1. wild_bunch

    wild_bunch Guest

    hi all

    i am trying to use xmlHttp.open
    while opening page A from a div in page B
    i am using .net 2005 and my sites are on the different domains at
    server
    using the above function causes "permission denied" error
    but when page A is on local host it works fine....
    i call the function only with 3 parameters:
    xmlHttp.open("GET", url ,true)
    without username & password (i tried that too ofcourse)
    can anyone tell me what's the problem?

    thanx
    wb

    --
    wild_bunch

    wild_bunch, May 17, 2007

  2. wild_bunch

    bruce barker Guest

    XmlHttpRequest can only open sites in the same domain as the source of
    the calling page.

    if you need to call another domain, you will need to put a proxy page on
    the calling domain.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 17, 2007