permission denied!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by wild_bunch, May 24, 2007.

  1. wild_bunch

    wild_bunch Guest

    bruce barker wrote:
    > *XmlHttpRequest can only open sites in the same domain as the source
    > of
    > the calling page.
    >
    > if you need to call another domain, you will need to put a proxy page
    > on
    > the calling domain.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > wild_bunch wrote:
    > > hi all
    > >
    > > i am trying to use xmlHttp.open
    > > while opening page A from a div in page B
    > > i am using .net 2005 and my sites are on the different domains at
    > > server
    > > using the above function causes "permission denied" error
    > > but when page A is on local host it works fine....
    > > i call the function only with 3 parameters:
    > > xmlHttp.open("GET", url ,true)
    > > without username & password (i tried that too ofcourse)
    > > can anyone tell me what's the problem?
    > >
    > > thanx
    > > wb
    > >

    > > --
    > > wild_bunch

    > > *

    i open another page on the same domain as A
    but i still can't reach permission to change a from it although they
    are on the same domain...
    did i got the wrong idea from what you tried to say to me?

    --
    wild_bunch

    wild_bunch, May 24, 2007

  2. wild_bunch

    BradM

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Location:
    Perth, Western Australia
    Wild_Bunch,

    The problem might be security delegation

    If you are running a client connect to Server A using NTLM, your security credentials cannot be passed from Server A to Server B to request the "page A" unless "page A" allows anonymous authentication. NTLM only allows credentials to be passed within the Server.

    To pass your credentials from Server A to Server B to acquire "page A" you will need to use Kerberos authentication. To enable Kerberos authentication, you need run "cscript C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs " utility on Server A, setting the authentication to "Kerberos" rather than "Negotiate". Server A will also need to have "Trust for Delegation" enabled which enable the server to forward the credentials to a 3rd party. If you are using Active Directory, it is a property of the server entry. There is a catch to enabling "Trust for Delegation", it only seems to work on web sites created after the trust has been enabled.
    :redface:

    BradM, May 25, 2007