    I de-select the box, everything works fine. Here is the NT event in the log:
    Date: 9/8/2003 Source: Userenv
    Time: 3:43:06 Category: None
    Type: Error Event ID: 1000
    User: N/A
    The operating system was unable to load your profile. Please contact your
    Network Administrator. (5)

    I checked out www.EventId.net, but it doesn't seem to be related.
    Description Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming
    profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
    DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).

    What am I missing?

    Thank you,
    Matthew

    msnews.microsoft.com, Sep 8, 2003

  2. "msnews.microsoft.com" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running a intranet site on a NT 4.0 IIS 4 server. I have a page that
    > uses CDONTS. I recently change this intranet application to run as an
    > isolated process (Selecting the checkbox "Run in separate memory space").
    > Now every time I get to the line objMail.Send, I get a permission denied
    > message (Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied) .

    If
    > I de-select the box, everything works fine. Here is the NT event in the

    log:
    > Date: 9/8/2003 Source: Userenv
    > Time: 3:43:06 Category: None
    > Type: Error Event ID: 1000
    > User: N/A
    > The operating system was unable to load your profile. Please contact your
    > Network Administrator. (5)
    >
    > I checked out www.EventId.net, but it doesn't seem to be related.
    > Description Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a

    roaming
    > profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
    > DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).
    >

    > What am I missing?

    Your probably getting the permission error because the IWAM account does not
    explicitly have NTFS change permissions on your \inetpub\mailroot tree. I'm
    not sure if that's at all related to the Event ID 1000 profile error ...

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Sep 8, 2003

  3. I'm sorry, I forgot to add that this machine has Exchange on it as well. So
    I'm guessing that \ExchSrvr\imcdata = \inetpub\mailroot. If so I tried it
    and it still doesn't work. I also read somewhere to make sure the patches
    are up to date, which they are.

    Thank you,
    Matthew

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > "msnews.microsoft.com" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm running a intranet site on a NT 4.0 IIS 4 server. I have a page that
    > > uses CDONTS. I recently change this intranet application to run as an
    > > isolated process (Selecting the checkbox "Run in separate memory

    space").
    > > Now every time I get to the line objMail.Send, I get a permission denied
    > > message (Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied)

    ..
    > If
    > > I de-select the box, everything works fine. Here is the NT event in the

    > log:
    > > Date: 9/8/2003 Source: Userenv
    > > Time: 3:43:06 Category: None
    > > Type: Error Event ID: 1000
    > > User: N/A
    > > The operating system was unable to load your profile. Please contact

    your
    > > Network Administrator. (5)
    > >
    > > I checked out www.EventId.net, but it doesn't seem to be related.
    > > Description Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a

    > roaming
    > > profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
    > > DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).
    > >

    > > What am I missing?

    > Your probably getting the permission error because the IWAM account does

    not
    > explicitly have NTFS change permissions on your \inetpub\mailroot tree.

    I'm
    > not sure if that's at all related to the Event ID 1000 profile error ...
    >
    > --
    > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    IIS

    msnews.microsoft.com, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Is this error message related to the cdonts.dll permissions. I was playing
    around and found a way to isolate the .dll with the process, just then none
    of the other process could use cdonts (I have since fixed this). But doesn't
    this show that the folder permissions are set-up correctly?

    Thank you,
    Matthew

    msnews.microsoft.com, Sep 9, 2003