    Thank you for your answers.

    Bye

    JP
    Jean-Paul Lauque, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Jean-Paul Lauque

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    it's folder level permissions. Change them in windows

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 16, 2004

  3. I know.

    But I don't want that all the world read the content of directory.

    So, i would like to know if i must manage permission with ASP script
    or not.

    Thank you

    JP

    Jean-Paul Lauque, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Jean-Paul Lauque

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    well, you will have to turn off anonymous access in IIS then, to make the
    user login.
    Then just set the user permissions based on that.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 16, 2004
  5. Jean-Paul Lauque

    Brynn Guest

    Can't you just give the system access ... then would have to use asp
    to see?

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:56:34 -0600, "Curt_C [MVP]"
    <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote:

    >well, you will have to turn off anonymous access in IIS then, to make the
    >user login.
    >Then just set the user permissions based on that.
    >
    >--
    >Curt Christianson
    >Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    >www.Darkfalz.com
    >

    >"Jean-Paul Lauque" <> wrote in message
    >> I know.
    >>
    >> But I don't want that all the world read the content of directory.
    >>
    >> So, i would like to know if i must manage permission with ASP script
    >> or not.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> JP
    >>
    >> "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de
    >> > it's folder level permissions. Change them in windows
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Curt Christianson
    >> > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    >> > www.Darkfalz.com
    >> >

    >> > "Jean-Paul Lauque" <> wrote in message

    >directory.

    I participate in the group to help give examples of code. I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted. Test all code before use!

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com
    Brynn, Jan 16, 2004
  6. "All the world" still has to have permission to get on the machine to use
    that power. A lot of people assume that giving "Everyone" access is the
    solution here. Giving access to IUSR only gives access to IUSR, and that's
    all ASP needs in order to read/write text files/MDB files. And if someone
    can guess your IUSR password and log onto the machine as them, well, all the
    power to them. They don't have to be an elevated user, in fact they don't
    even have to have the ability to log on or do anything else that would
    expose your system to any risk. They just have to be able to read and write
    whatever folder you're trying to use with FSO.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jan 16, 2004
  7. Jean-Paul Lauque

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Give the anonymous internet account (default is IUSR_<machine>) access to
    the directory

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development