    from a popup window. Both frames are running on the same server
    however they use different BASE HREF tags. Any ideas? Workarounds? It
    only happens with Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Firefox work wonderfully.

    just1coder, Oct 6, 2004

  2. just1coder

    Jc Guest

    This is probably IE's cross-frame browser security kicking in, perhaps
    the security of the browser you're using to view the site has been
    increased. There are a couple settings for cross-frame security
    available from Internet Options, select the appropriate zone under the
    security tab and click custom level to see them.

    All of the frames from your site should have the same document.domain
    property, as well as the same protocol. For example, http://mysite.com
    and https://mysite.com won't be allowed to access each other, same as
    http://myurl1.com and http://myurl2.com, even if they point to the same
    ip.

    More information:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/om/xframe_scripting_security.asp

    I'm assuming something is setup incorrectly and it is not a bug in IE,
    although that is entirely possible.

    Jc, Oct 7, 2004

  3. just1coder

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 6 Oct 2004 20:17:15 -0700, "Jc" <> wrote:

    >All of the frames from your site should have the same document.domain
    >property, as well as the same protocol. For example, http://mysite.com
    >and https://mysite.com won't be allowed to access each other, same as
    >http://myurl1.com and http://myurl2.com, even if they point to the same
    >ip.
    >
    >I'm assuming something is setup incorrectly and it is not a bug in IE,
    >although that is entirely possible.

    I've seen this a fair bit, but still not been able to narrow it down
    to a simple test case I can publish (I said I'd try and find it a
    couple of weeks ago, not managed to yet - but I have been on the road
    for most of it)

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Oct 7, 2004
  4. just1coder

    Guest

    Yah, that's what I thought. I'll try adding the document.domain.

    This just started happening after the latest round of updates / patches
    from MS. It's not just XP SP2, but IE 6 in general.

    Jc wrote:
    > This is probably IE's cross-frame browser security kicking in,

    perhaps
    > the security of the browser you're using to view the site has been
    > increased. There are a couple settings for cross-frame security
    > available from Internet Options, select the appropriate zone under

    the
    > security tab and click custom level to see them.
    >
    > All of the frames from your site should have the same document.domain
    > property, as well as the same protocol. For example,

    http://mysite.com
    > and https://mysite.com won't be allowed to access each other, same as
    > http://myurl1.com and http://myurl2.com, even if they point to the

    same
    > ip.
    >
    > More information:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/om/xframe_scripting_security.asp

    > I'm assuming something is setup incorrectly and it is not a bug in

    IE,
    > although that is entirely possible.

    , Oct 7, 2004
  5. just1coder

    Guest

    Re: Permission Denied w/ XP SP2

    More good news ....

    My PC has XP SP 2 on it as does my co-worker's. He does not get the
    error but I do. The OS' are configured pretty much identically. Any
    ideas?

    Jim Ley wrote:
    > On 6 Oct 2004 20:17:15 -0700, "Jc" <> wrote:
    >
    > >All of the frames from your site should have the same

    document.domain
    > >property, as well as the same protocol. For example,

    http://mysite.com
    > >and https://mysite.com won't be allowed to access each other, same

    as
    > >http://myurl1.com and http://myurl2.com, even if they point to the

    same
    > >ip.
    > >
    > >I'm assuming something is setup incorrectly and it is not a bug in

    IE,
    > >although that is entirely possible.

    > I've seen this a fair bit, but still not been able to narrow it down
    > to a simple test case I can publish (I said I'd try and find it a
    > couple of weeks ago, not managed to yet - but I have been on the road
    > for most of it)
    >
    > Jim.

    , Oct 8, 2004
  6. just1coder

    Jc Guest

    Re: Permission Denied w/ XP SP2

    Yeah, compare your settings for cross-frame security (available from
    Internet Options) for your internet and local intranet zones.

    Jc, Oct 9, 2004