Permission on a Web folder ??

serge calderara

Dear all,

I am testing the FileHTm component for uploadinga file to a server folder
name for instantance UploadedFile
This folder is located under my IIS virtual directory structure that define
my web site and for testing I am running IIS on my local Windows 200o machine

In order to be able to write file in that folder, the only way is to add the
ASPNET predifined user.

Where is the link with that account in IIS ? I have seen that it permits to
run the asp_wp.exe file

It is the only user that need to be set for writing on a folder ?
Does that user will be always defined under a deployed environement after
istalling ASP net?

thnaks for your answers
regards
serge

Ken Schaefer

The account to be used is defined in machine.config, or in web.config (for a
specific web app). If nothing is defined specifically, then Machine\ASPNET
is used by default.

HTH

Cheers
Ken

--
Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

message : Dear all,
:
: I am testing the FileHTm component for uploadinga file to a server folder
: name for instantance UploadedFile
: This folder is located under my IIS virtual directory structure that
define
: my web site and for testing I am running IIS on my local Windows 200o
machine
:
: In order to be able to write file in that folder, the only way is to add
the
: ASPNET predifined user.
:
: Where is the link with that account in IIS ? I have seen that it permits
: run the asp_wp.exe file
:
: It is the only user that need to be set for writing on a folder ?
: Does that user will be always defined under a deployed environement after
: istalling ASP net?
:
: thnaks for your answers
: regards
: serge

serge calderara

thks for the info Ken.
How to define this account entry in web or machine config? any link to
document that explain syntax cannot point it out