    thnaks for your answers
    regards
    serge

    serge calderara, May 24, 2005

  2. serge calderara

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    The account to be used is defined in machine.config, or in web.config (for a
    specific web app). If nothing is defined specifically, then Machine\ASPNET
    is used by default.

    HTH

    Cheers
    Ken

    --
    Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
    Web: www.adopenstatic.com

    "serge calderara" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    : Dear all,
    :
    : I am testing the FileHTm component for uploadinga file to a server folder
    : name for instantance UploadedFile
    : This folder is located under my IIS virtual directory structure that
    define
    : my web site and for testing I am running IIS on my local Windows 200o
    machine
    :
    : In order to be able to write file in that folder, the only way is to add
    the
    : ASPNET predifined user.
    :
    : Where is the link with that account in IIS ? I have seen that it permits
    : run the asp_wp.exe file
    :
    : It is the only user that need to be set for writing on a folder ?
    : Does that user will be always defined under a deployed environement after
    : istalling ASP net?
    :
    : thnaks for your answers
    : regards
    : serge

    Ken Schaefer, May 24, 2005

  3. thks for the info Ken.
    How to define this account entry in web or machine config? any link to
    document that explain syntax cannot point it out

    serge calderara, May 25, 2005