Permission problem under WinXP

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by RichardOnRails, Nov 25, 2008.

  1. Hi All,

    I generated a Ruby on Rails app, which among other things, had to
    import content from a bunch of CSV files from time to time. When I
    generated the app, I had a typo: I used cvs instead of csv. When I
    started coding, I used csv. It got to be a mess. Being pigheaded I
    decided to write a ruby script to transform all file-names and file
    content to conform to csv.

    The transformation script is posted at http://www.pastie.org/323198.
    I've tested the code thoroughly, so I think its really a Windows
    problem: it's keeping a lock on the file(s) I'm using despite the
    fact that I issued Ruby close commands.

    I wonder if anyone has a quick fix for this problem. If not, I'll
    walk the extra mile and write my filename changes to disk and write a
    stand-alone app to apply those changes. But if there's a slick way to
    solves this, I'd like to learn it.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Richard
    RichardOnRails, Nov 25, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Alexander Stojakovic

    Integrated Security under Win2K and WinXP

    Alexander Stojakovic, Jan 15, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    312
    Alexander Stojakovic
    Jan 15, 2004
  2. Piet71
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    569
    Piet71
    Apr 9, 2006
  3. Ulf Meinhardt
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,221
    Ulf Meinhardt
    May 10, 2006
  4. RichardOnRails

    Permission problem under WinXP

    RichardOnRails, Nov 25, 2008, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    142
    Daniel Berger
    Nov 25, 2008
  5. Ved Antani
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    141
    Ved Antani
    Feb 4, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page