Permission problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Hi

    I am trying to download the PDF files from my webserver using ASP.Net.

    All my files are stored at F Drive on webserver. Like this F:\Main
    Folder\Sub Folder\user folder\files\File1.pdf

    I am impersonating the domain user account and downloading the file, It
    seems the impersonate is got success.

    If I gave full control to that user folder, its allowing me to download the
    file.

    BUT, If I gave read&execute permisson to that folder, its asking me the
    windows username and password window for dowload the file.

    My client doesn't need that windows checking. we already given the read &
    execute permission to that folder, then why its asking the windows user name
    and password window?

    any idea please.

    thanks
    bala

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Is it possible that a temporary file is being created somewhere and that is
    demanding greater permissions?

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Oct 7, 2005

  3. seems like good idea, But there is no other way to solve this problem?

    Thanks
    bala

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=, Oct 7, 2005