    for a while...

    --------------( oo )--------------
    guillaumeLaBelle [alias goo©] - Architecture CAAO
    -g00t©-, Dec 17, 2004

  2. -g00t©-

    Peter Hansen Guest

    -g00t©- wrote:
    > I tried Python this weekend. I'm java coder and I was looking for handling
    > names in os. I tried the os.raname('file.ext','nuFile.ext') and I got a
    > Permission denied error. In the docs, it say that it should work only for
    > UNIX, than it shouldn't work on XP (if I understood). I'm on XP, should I
    > declare something to enable permission, or is it common error?

    Always post the *actual* code you ran, and include the full
    "traceback" that was printed when it failed.

    If you don't, you're causing us to waste time guessing at
    the possible answer, suggesting things that aren't relevant
    to the particular problem you're having, and generally making
    it hard for us to help you.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Dec 17, 2004

  3. -g00t©-

    Larry Bates Guest

    The function is os.rename(old, new). If you actually
    tried 'os.raname' (as your post suggests) that is an illegal
    function. I suspect that you mistyped it in your post,
    but Peter's replys is correct. Always copy and paste your
    code and your traceback error message so it will be precise.

    Permisssion denied means that you don't have permission to
    rename this file. Normally this is a rights issue.

    BTW-os.rename works on XP.

    Larry Bates
    Syscon, Inc.

    Larry Bates, Dec 17, 2004