Permissions - Access database

Carol

Hi,
I get the error below when I attempt to write to an access database.
Reading is fine.
I solved this on the DEV site by making the IUSR_machine a domain
administrator.

Now the website is up on a production server on SISNA.

and I get the error.

I get the error using a DSN or a DSN-less connection string.

Please help.

ERROR:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Operation must use an updateable query.

/admin/inc.asp, line 92

Jeff Cochran

Hi,
I get the error below when I attempt to write to an access database.
Reading is fine.
I solved this on the DEV site by making the IUSR_machine a domain
administrator.

Now the website is up on a production server on SISNA.

and I get the error.

I get the error using a DSN or a DSN-less connection string.

Please help.

ERROR:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Operation must use an updateable query.

/admin/inc.asp, line 92

FAQ:

Why do I get database-related 80004005 errors?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Jeff

Carol

Thanks for your help.
The problem is fixed. I fixed it by importing the database thru Forntpage
onto the web.

Who knew.