Permissions problem accessing SQL Server from Web Service on Windows 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by RichardF, May 25, 2005.

  1. RichardF

    RichardF Guest

    I have a Web Service that accesses a SQL Server database.

    IIS, SQL Server and the Web Service are all running on the same
    machine.

    As I have done on other machines, I gave the appropriate permissions
    to the IIS_WPG user group.

    However, on this machine, when my web service tries to open a
    connection to the database I get the following message...

    ..Net SqlClient Data Provider: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:
    Login failed for user <DOMAINNAME>\<MACHINENAME>$'. at
    System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean&
    isInTransaction) at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString
    options, Boolean& isInTransaction) at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at
    MyWebService.OpenTheDBConnection()

    Where <DOMAINNAME> and <MACHINENAME> are the domain name and machine
    name of the machine where I am running everything.

    Any ideas why it is using <DOMAINNAME>\<MACHINENAME>$ instead of the
    IIS_WPG group?

    Thanks for any help.

    RichardF

    RichardF, May 25, 2005