    Permission denied

    I know it has something to do with the IUSR & IWAM accounts on the server.

    How do these have to be set?

    Gonzosez, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Showing your code is usually helpful.

    Give write permission to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 10, 2006

  3. Gonzosez

    Gonzosez Guest

    here is the code

    Dim objCDO
    dim objConfig
    Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    'Set objCDO =Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    Dim strTo
    Dim strFrom
    Dim strSubject
    Dim strBody
    'Dim objCDO

    strFrom = ""

    strSubject = "Sample HTML Email sent from ASP 101!"

    strBody = "text this email"

    With objCDO
    .To = strTo
    .From = strFrom
    .Subject = strSubject
    .body = strBody
    .Send
    end with
    set objCDO=nothing

    The code stops on the .send
    message news:u%...

    Gonzosez, Jan 10, 2006
  4. it might not be permissions related on the server.. it could be lack of an
    smtp server on the server .. or an invalid pickup directlory...or something
    like that

    just send your email using smtp authentication and a real email server that
    you have a pop 3 account with and it should send out fine
    like in this article
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/sending_email_cdosys.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Jan 10, 2006
  5. Give IUSR permission to write to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup. The .send method
    merely writes a text file to that directory, and then the SMTP service goes
    and sweeps it up when it notices it's there.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 10, 2006