Permissions to create asp.net site

Robert Scheer

Hi.

I am creating an asp.net application using Windows 2000 Server and
VS.NET 2002. My account is part of the administrators group. I need to
share this machine with another developer. What permissions should I
give to his account in order he can successfuly create asp.net
applications, without being an administrator?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

Chris Jackson

I never run as an admin on my development box. (You should stop running as
an admin yourself.) The trickiest part to get set up is debugging. Set the
user up as a debugger user. Also, you need to run the aspnet_wp process
using the credentials of the person who is using it to get full debugging -
you can edit this directly in machine.config, and you should also
investigate the aspnet_setreg utility to encrypt these credentials so you
don't have them just sitting in plain text. I have no problems with this
configuration creating and editing asp.net applications.

Robert Scheer

Hi Chris.

What problems can I find as an administrator when developing on my .net machine?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer