Persistant frame and div

Olivier G.

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a menu that will not change with the pages: I have
insered an hidden frame to manage my javascript. This javascript is in
charge of creating and displaying the menu. But can the menu be
displayed in the other frame (the visible one) and not been erased
when a link is click in the main frame ?

A good example is the Gmail application: When you open a chat, you can
change the page in the main frame while your chat window stay opened.

If somebody has an idea, Tx.

lwhitb1

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a menu that will not change with the pages: I have
insered an hidden frame to manage my javascript. This javascript is in
charge of creating and displaying the menu. But can the menu be
displayed in the other frame (the visible one) and not been erased
when a link is click in the main frame ?

A good example is the Gmail application: When you open a chat, you can
change the page in the main frame while your chat window stay opened.

If somebody has an idea, Tx.

The most popular method right now is developing your menu using AJAX,
which is what google has done in a number of their applications
(Google Maps, Gmail...ect..)