Persistent Cookie Problem

sanchita

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with persistent cookies. Even after setting
"CreatePersistentCookie" to true in "FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie" I'm
somehow being logged out after the specifed timeout provided in "forms"
element of web.config.

I read somewhere that persistent cookies take their timeout from the timeout
attribute on the forms authentcation node. If I have to enter a timeout of
days/weeks then it doesnt really make sense to make my cookie persist in
this fashion, that defies the purpose of persistent cookies.

Any insights welcome

Thanks,
Sanchita