persistent TCP connection in python using socketserver

Discussion in 'Python' started by markobrien85@gmail.com, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. Guest

    G'day

    I'm currently using socketserver to build a simple XMLSocket (an XML
    based protocol used for communication between flash and the outside
    world) server. I've got flash establishing a connection, sending a
    request and my python server responding. However at this point
    socketserver terminates the connection. Which is bad, since i need a
    persistent connection so i can push data from the server to the client
    without the overhead of polling.

    I need to create TCP connection that persists until I explicitly tell
    it to terminate, or the connection is terminated on the other end. A
    quick look through the socketserver code makes this seem impossible
    since it appears to call close after the handle() method.

    Is there an even lower level library to be using, or is there some
    option I haven't found yet in socketserver.

    Cheers

    , Jan 29, 2009