Persisting authentication info when browsing to a subdomain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Greg, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Is it possible for authentication using asp.net membership to persist
    from a
    site to a subdomain?

    The scenario I want to provide is:
    User browses to the page somesite.com and logs in.
    User clicks on link that points to the subdomain demo/somesite.com.
    Is it possible to retain the authentication information for the
    subdomain, so that there is no need to log in again?

    To clarify - what I am trying to do is to have a login page on my main
    site. Once the user is logged in, they can browse to a subdomain, for
    which all the pages will be restricted based on role. If the user is
    logged in with the allowed roles, they can browse all pages within the
    subdomain.

    Regards,

    Greg

    Greg, Jun 25, 2007