persisting collection in a custom datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by john_teague, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. john_teague

    john_teague Guest

    I appologize for the cross-posting, but I received no responses from
    the building controls group.

    I have a custom control that inherits from a DataGrid control. I have
    a property that has an arraylist of strings. I want to add items as a
    child tag of the grid. How is the best way to do this. Here is what I
    have as of now.

    [ToolboxData("<{0}:OrdersDataGrid runat=server></{0}:OrdersDataGrid>"),

    ParseChildren(true)]
    public class OrdersDataGrid : System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid
    private ArrayList dataMethodParameter = null;
    [Category("Data"),
    Editor("System.Windows.Forms.Design.StringCollectionEditor,
    System.Design", "System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor, System.Drawing"),

    DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content),

    PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty),
    Description("Parameter to Pass to the selected OrdersProvider
    Method")]
    public ArrayList DataMethodParameter
    {
    get{return this.dataMethodParameter;}
    set{this.dataMethodParameter = value;}

    What I would like to happen is when items are added via the
    StringCollectionEditor they are child items of the control
    <cc1:OrdersDataGrid ... >
    <DataMethodParameters>
    <param>xxx</param>
    <param>xxx</param>