    the server?

    TIA

    , May 24, 2007

  2. Hello ,

    Why not to use System.Web.Cache for this? where you can set the dependency
    on updating cache whenever it required

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    b> Hi All,
    b>
    b> We have a busy website, and I was wondering if we should persist the
    b> data by storing the data table in a session or cookie, and when the
    b> user re-loads the page I can cast the session or cookie back to a
    b> datatable and rebind to the grid.
    b>
    b> This is a closed web system so there is no problem getting users to
    b> make sure cookies & javascript is enabled.
    b>
    b> When the user clicks refresh for example it will re-load from the sql
    b> server again.
    b>
    b> But I am wondering if this is a good idea, apart from the obvious
    b> problem of the data being out of date until the user clicks refresh,
    b> are there any other problems this may cause like using more memory on
    b> the server?
    b>
    b> TIA
    b>

    Michael Nemtsev, May 24, 2007

    On 24 May, 17:40, Michael Nemtsev <> wrote:
    > Hello ,
    >
    > Why not to use System.Web.Cache for this? where you can set the dependency
    > on updating cache whenever it required

    Thanks I will have a look at this, I also noticed that even comes with
    it's own memory management.

    , May 25, 2007

    > Why not to use System.Web.Cache for this? where you can set the dependency
    > on updating cache whenever it required

    Sorry I forgot to mention its a load balance servers, and the data is
    user specific.

    , May 25, 2007
  5. Hello ,

    You means session info?
    So there is no standard way for this, and you need to extend the session
    provider to add scalability of session info among nodes in cluster

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    >> Why not to use System.Web.Cache for this? where you can set the
    >> dependency on updating cache whenever it required

    b> Sorry I forgot to mention its a load balance servers, and the data is
    b> user specific.
    b>

    Michael Nemtsev, May 25, 2007