Persisting properties in property Grid (help!)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Garry McGlennon, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. originally posted in buildingcontrols - no response :(

    Greetings

    I've implemented the solution to persisting components in
    the property grid as outlined here:

    This seems to work fine, I get a list of objects which
    when selected persists to the HTML in the form of:

    BusinessComponent="<%# ClientDocumentSham %>"

    Now I believe this is correct, and if I close the web page
    down and load it up again, it does in fact populate the
    BusinessComponent property. So whats the problem? Well, it
    may populate the property in the Property Grid but its not
    calling my code to do it. Neither the hidden (orginal
    property - see code from URL) or the substituted (in the
    Designer code) is called. If you select the property then
    it all works fine but it just doesn't seem to call my code
    for that property in design or runtime for that matter.

    I feel I'm about 95% the way there, I just need the
    property to execute so that my code has a reference to the
    Sited component that is on the page.

    Any help much appreciated....

    Garry Mc

    Garry McGlennon, Jun 24, 2004