Persisting properties in property Grid (help!)

Garry McGlennon

originally posted in buildingcontrols - no response :(

Greetings

I've implemented the solution to persisting components in
the property grid as outlined here:

This seems to work fine, I get a list of objects which
when selected persists to the HTML in the form of:

BusinessComponent="<%# ClientDocumentSham %>"

Now I believe this is correct, and if I close the web page
down and load it up again, it does in fact populate the
BusinessComponent property. So whats the problem? Well, it
may populate the property in the Property Grid but its not
calling my code to do it. Neither the hidden (orginal
property - see code from URL) or the substituted (in the
Designer code) is called. If you select the property then
it all works fine but it just doesn't seem to call my code
for that property in design or runtime for that matter.

I feel I'm about 95% the way there, I just need the
property to execute so that my code has a reference to the
Sited component that is on the page.

Any help much appreciated....

Garry Mc