Persits.Upload "cannot find file" error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by .Net Sports, Dec 17, 2007.

  1. .Net Sports

    .Net Sports Guest

    I'm using Persits.upload module in ASP, and when i use the following
    form pointed to the object I've always used, i get a "The system
    cannot find the file specified" error pointing to the line of my
    upload.savevirtual :

    Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")
    upload.savevirtual ("test/")

    ..
    ''''error:
    Persits.Upload.1 error '800a0005'

    /upl/aspupload1.asp, line 5

    '''form
    <form action="aspupload1.asp" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-
    data">

    <input type="file" size="40" name="FILE1" />

    <input type="submit" value="Upload!" />
    </form>

    <form action="aspupload1.asp" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-
    data">

    <input type="file" size="40" name="FILE1" />

    <input type="submit" value="Upload!" />
    </form>

    ?????
    .Net Sports, Dec 17, 2007

  2. .Net Sports

    Mike Brind Guest

    ".Net Sports" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Persits.upload module in ASP, and when i use the following
    > form pointed to the object I've always used, i get a "The system
    > cannot find the file specified" error pointing to the line of my
    > upload.savevirtual :
    >
    > Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")
    > upload.savevirtual ("test/")
    >
    > .
    > ''''error:
    > Persits.Upload.1 error '800a0005'

    > /upl/aspupload1.asp, line 5

    Usually this is a permissions issue. Make sure that the IUSR_Machinename
    account has write permissions to the upl folder.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Dec 17, 2007