Person Selector Control

Johnny Holland

Hi,
I am relatively new to ASP.NET and want to create a re-usable person
selector control. I was considering using a Window.Open command to
'pop-up' a window, allow the user to select a person from a grid and
then pass that back to the calling page and close the window. I have
two questions regarding this.

1. There is anti-popup window software out there; would it consider
the new window a popup and not open it??

2. The button that performs the window.open command is on an ascx page
and I'm not sure how to pass the name of the host page is if it an
ascx page to the person selector control. Does anyone have an example
of this working or is it not a good idea to use popup windows like
that.

Thanks for any help
Johnny