    Hi folks,

    From one developer to another, I am looking for some personal
    recommendations on what are the best materials for fast tracking an on-
    boarding to Python and Django.

    I know how to program, get web apps and OO; this is the audience.

    I have found some good recommendations and stuff on Amazon and various
    websites, but if I could get some humans vouching for things directly
    that would be worth a lot more.

    Best wishes,

    Grant

    Grant Rettke, May 4, 2009

  2. Grant Rettke <> writes:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > From one developer to another, I am looking for some personal
    > recommendations on what are the best materials for fast tracking an on-
    > boarding to Python and Django.
    >
    > I know how to program, get web apps and OO; this is the audience.
    >
    > I have found some good recommendations and stuff on Amazon and various
    > websites, but if I could get some humans vouching for things directly
    > that would be worth a lot more.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Grant

    I've learnt both Python and Django using the tutorials, the docs and
    lots of experimentation. Django now have a book [1] which might be
    useful to read.

    [1] http://djangobook.com/

    --
    Arnaud

    Arnaud Delobelle, May 4, 2009

  3. Arnaud Delobelle a écrit :
    > Grant Rettke <> writes:
    >
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> From one developer to another, I am looking for some personal
    >> recommendations on what are the best materials for fast tracking an on-
    >> boarding to Python and Django.
    >>
    >> I know how to program, get web apps and OO; this is the audience.
    >>
    >> I have found some good recommendations and stuff on Amazon and various
    >> websites, but if I could get some humans vouching for things directly
    >> that would be worth a lot more.
    >>
    >> Best wishes,
    >>
    >> Grant

    > I've learnt both Python and Django using the tutorials, the docs and
    > lots of experimentation.

    <aol />

    > Django now have a book [1] which might be
    > useful to read.
    >
    > [1] http://djangobook.com/

    <op>
    You may also want to join the django-users group, browse
    django-snippets, and read James Bennet's blog.
    </op>

    Bruno Desthuilliers, May 5, 2009