Personal Web Starter Kit

esha

I created my first WEB application from Personal WEB Starter Kit template
(C#). I made just minor changes like Connection String and some texts. I
created SQL Server database on the hosting server and I uploaded all files
to the hosting server.
I ran my site http://www.srssite.com and everything was fine. I uploaded 1
picture and tested my site again. I noticed just a very small difference in
speed (opening default page initially and coming back to home page from
other pages). Then I added more pictures. The speed became more slow. The
more pictures I'm adding the slower my site works.

To be sure that this is the problem related to the number of pictures I
created another SQL Server database on another hosting server and repeated
my steps - first run without any pictures (the site is very fast), added a
few pictures (the site became slower), more pictures - more decrease in
speed.

Alrhough I'm a very beginner I suspect that there is some problem with the
design of this template. I've read before many times that it's a bad idea to
store pictures in a database, but this template is using this approach.

Is there anybody who changed this scenario to another one which stores
pictures on the drive and their names and paths in a database? If yes, could
you give some advice how to change the code.

Thank you
Esha