Pet Store

George Maggessy

Hi there,

I'm an experience Java developer trying to learn Python. I just
finished the Python tutorial on python.org and I'm currently reading
the "Learning Python" book. However, if I could find something like a
simple web app with some best practices, such as those famous "Java
Pet Store" apps, I think that would help me to fill up some gaps in my
learning process. Does anybody know any app like that?

Cheers,
George

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

I'm an experience Java developer trying to learn Python. I just
finished the Python tutorial on python.org and I'm currently reading
the "Learning Python" book. However, if I could find something like a
simple web app with some best practices, such as those famous "Java
Pet Store" apps, I think that would help me to fill up some gaps in my
learning process. Does anybody know any app like that?

Isn't that a web application using Java web frameworks? So you are
looking for a Python web framework with a "Pet Store" tutorial?

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Jarek Zgoda

George Maggessy napisa³(a):
I'm an experience Java developer trying to learn Python. I just
finished the Python tutorial on python.org and I'm currently reading
the "Learning Python" book. However, if I could find something like a
simple web app with some best practices, such as those famous "Java
Pet Store" apps, I think that would help me to fill up some gaps in my
learning process. Does anybody know any app like that?

TurboGears and Pylons both have "wiki" tutorials. Django has "poll"
tutorial. There are plenty others on the web.

George Maggessy

Yeap. It is. I'm looking for something like that app. Smth that I
could base my future developments on.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20080108 19:36] said:
Yeap. It is. I'm looking for something like that app. Smth that I
could base my future developments on.

If you want to go the Ruby on Rails-like road then you have Django, Pylons,
TurboGears, Zope, to name four of the bigger ones.

If you want a basic HTTP handling framework under which you can hang your own
code more easily then you should look at things like Paste, WebOb, CherryPy,
Werkzeug, Twisted and others.