Peter Seebach's behavior as "moderator" of comp.lang.C

spinoza1111

In order to clear up my concerns, I sent him email today. I included a
phone number and an address with a courteous offer to discuss my
concerns.

The reply started "I have deleted your message unread" and concluded
with the charming thought that I should pursue my "strange obsession
with Schildt" "on my own time".

That makes no sense, for I don't have a strange obsession with
Schildt. I just feel that it's not fair to him to allow a single post
(with twenty trite errata and a self-contradiction that implies a lie)
to go viral and become the sole source of the Schildt canard.

But, it's clear to me we live in a strange world where complete
thoughts expressed with literacy and basic courtesy (coupled with a
natural, IMO, instinct of verbal self-defense) are apparently a marker
of obsessive thinking.

So, my attempt at dealing man to man to someone who seems less than a
man is over, since I don't stalk people; that's Heathfield's role.

Based on Peter Neumann's courtesies to me, it seems that the younger
generation of programmers (who don't program much) are Devo, and that
I'm better off out of the field.

Merry Christmas to all.

Edward G. Nilges, Hong Kong Dec 25 2009

[...]

The title of this thread should be "Peter Seebach's behavior as
'moderator' of clcm" not clc, of course. Intelligent people need not
know this. But autistic people might get thrown off course.