Peter Seebach's behavior as "moderator" of comp.lang.C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009.

  1. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    In order to clear up my concerns, I sent him email today. I included a
    phone number and an address with a courteous offer to discuss my
    concerns.

    The reply started "I have deleted your message unread" and concluded
    with the charming thought that I should pursue my "strange obsession
    with Schildt" "on my own time".

    That makes no sense, for I don't have a strange obsession with
    Schildt. I just feel that it's not fair to him to allow a single post
    (with twenty trite errata and a self-contradiction that implies a lie)
    to go viral and become the sole source of the Schildt canard.

    But, it's clear to me we live in a strange world where complete
    thoughts expressed with literacy and basic courtesy (coupled with a
    natural, IMO, instinct of verbal self-defense) are apparently a marker
    of obsessive thinking.

    So, my attempt at dealing man to man to someone who seems less than a
    man is over, since I don't stalk people; that's Heathfield's role.

    Based on Peter Neumann's courtesies to me, it seems that the younger
    generation of programmers (who don't program much) are Devo, and that
    I'm better off out of the field.

    Merry Christmas to all.

    Edward G. Nilges, Hong Kong Dec 25 2009

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009

  2. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 25, 8:04 pm, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > In order to clear up my concerns, I sent him email today. I included a
    > phone number and an address with a courteous offer to discuss my
    > concerns.
    >
    > The reply started "I have deleted your message unread" and concluded
    > with the charming thought that I should pursue my "strange obsession
    > with Schildt" "on my own time".
    >
    > That makes no sense, for I don't have a strange obsession with
    > Schildt. I just feel that it's not fair to him to allow a single post
    > (with twenty trite errata and a self-contradiction that implies a lie)
    > to go viral and become the sole source of the Schildt canard.
    >
    > But, it's clear to me we live in a strange world where complete
    > thoughts expressed with literacy and  basic courtesy (coupled with a
    > natural, IMO, instinct of verbal self-defense) are apparently a marker
    > of obsessive thinking.
    >
    > So, my attempt at dealing man to man to someone who seems less than a
    > man is over, since I don't stalk people; that's Heathfield's role.
    >
    > Based on Peter Neumann's courtesies to me, it seems that the younger
    > generation of programmers (who don't program much) are Devo, and that
    > I'm better off out of the field.
    >
    > Merry Christmas to all.
    >
    > Edward G. Nilges, Hong Kong Dec 25 2009

    The title of this thread should be "Peter Seebach's behavior as
    'moderator' of clcm" not clc, of course. Intelligent people need not
    know this. But autistic people might get thrown off course.

    spinoza1111, Dec 27, 2009