pg:172-176, 228-229 Stroustrup C++ Programming Language 3E (withlinks to the relevant pages)

paleywiener

Hey guys, I had some C++ questions from Stroustrup's, C++ Programming
Language, 3E, book. These are links to the annotated pages:

[page:172](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
172.png)
[page:173](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
173.png)
[page:174](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
174.png)
[page:175](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
175.png)
[page:176](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
176.png)

[page:228](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
228.png)
[page:229](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
229.png)

The questions are embedded in the pages IN RED TEXT, added via Gimp.
I'd
restate them here but they deal with portions of the text and I'd only
make
matters worse since the questions are closely linked to the book.
Could someone take a
look and clarify please.

Alf P. Steinbach

[...]

Instead of this graphical approach, consider quoting the relevant text
and adding some [1] and [2] and [3] etc. to mark particular points, then
refer to them in your questions?

It's a bit hard to answer picture URLs.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

Victor Bazarov

[...]

.... not to mention that the links are broken by the posting software and
can't be easily clicked on, so one needs to copy-paste them or type them
in. Ugh!... (Yes, we're *lazy* that way!)