pg:172-176, 228-229 Stroustrup C++ Programming Language 3E (withlinks to the relevant pages)

Discussion in 'C++' started by paleywiener, Mar 8, 2012.

  1. paleywiener

    paleywiener Guest

    Hey guys, I had some C++ questions from Stroustrup's, C++ Programming
    Language, 3E, book. These are links to the annotated pages:

    [page:172](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    172.png)
    [page:173](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    173.png)
    [page:174](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    174.png)
    [page:175](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    175.png)
    [page:176](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    176.png)

    [page:228](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    228.png)
    [page:229](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    229.png)

    The questions are embedded in the pages IN RED TEXT, added via Gimp.
    I'd
    restate them here but they deal with portions of the text and I'd only
    make
    matters worse since the questions are closely linked to the book.
    Could someone take a
    look and clarify please.
    paleywiener, Mar 8, 2012

  2. On 08.03.2012 18:16, paleywiener wrote:
    > Hey guys, I had some C++ questions from Stroustrup's, C++ Programming
    > Language, 3E, book. These are links to the annotated pages:
    >
    > [page:172](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 172.png)
    > [page:173](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 173.png)
    > [page:174](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 174.png)
    > [page:175](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 175.png)
    > [page:176](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 176.png)
    >
    > [page:228](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 228.png)
    > [page:229](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    > 229.png)
    >
    > The questions are embedded in the pages IN RED TEXT, added via Gimp.
    > I'd
    > restate them here but they deal with portions of the text and I'd only
    > make
    > matters worse since the questions are closely linked to the book.
    > Could someone take a
    > look and clarify please.

    Instead of this graphical approach, consider quoting the relevant text
    and adding some [1] and [2] and [3] etc. to mark particular points, then
    refer to them in your questions?

    It's a bit hard to answer picture URLs.

    Cheers & hth.,

    - Alf
    Alf P. Steinbach, Mar 8, 2012

  3. On 3/8/2012 2:04 PM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
    > On 08.03.2012 18:16, paleywiener wrote:
    >> Hey guys, I had some C++ questions from Stroustrup's, C++ Programming
    >> Language, 3E, book. These are links to the annotated pages:
    >>
    >> [page:172](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 172.png)
    >> [page:173](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 173.png)
    >> [page:174](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 174.png)
    >> [page:175](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 175.png)
    >> [page:176](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 176.png)
    >>
    >> [page:228](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 228.png)
    >> [page:229](http://m-net.arbornet.org/users/zener/StroustrupCPL3E.
    >> 229.png)
    >>
    >> The questions are embedded in the pages IN RED TEXT, added via Gimp.
    >> I'd
    >> restate them here but they deal with portions of the text and I'd only
    >> make
    >> matters worse since the questions are closely linked to the book.
    >> Could someone take a
    >> look and clarify please.

    > Instead of this graphical approach, consider quoting the relevant text
    > and adding some [1] and [2] and [3] etc. to mark particular points, then
    > refer to them in your questions?
    >
    > It's a bit hard to answer picture URLs.

    .... not to mention that the links are broken by the posting software and
    can't be easily clicked on, so one needs to copy-paste them or type them
    in. Ugh!... (Yes, we're *lazy* that way!)

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 8, 2012
  4. paleywiener

    paleywiener Guest

    paleywiener, Mar 9, 2012