    "document.onfocus" and "window.document.onfocus", etc. Any help is
    appreciated...thanks!
    , Mar 21, 2006

  2. Merennulli Guest

    I've not been able to duplicate it, but it sounds like frame.onfocus to
    me.
    Merennulli, Mar 21, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > I'm creating a page where I would like to use a combination of tabbing,
    > tabindex, and focus as the only means of navigation. Everything works
    > fine except as I tab through the elements of the page (in this case
    > it's only <a> tags) the browser wants to set focus to other elements,
    > e.g., the address bar, the entire window, etc.
    > [...]
    > My end goal is to eliminate this behavior. Is there a way to capture
    > this "phantom focus" event? [...]

    You will have to handle the (Shift+)Tab key with in the onkeypress/onkeyup
    event listener for the form control with the lowest and highest tabindex.
    That would cripple usability of the UA, and would probably be a violation
    of several laws about accessibility, so I strongly recommend against it.

    PointedEars, IANAL
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 22, 2006