Phase one working......sort of

Kris

I keep forgetting that the U S of A citizens require a joke to be
explained to them in advance :)

Not all of us...[/QUOTE]

It would be funny to see them laugh before the joke gets made.

Richard

Travis said:
And what would any web site I have written have to do with this? In any
case, those I *have* written can be used by people who don't have
javascript, who cannot see and who don't have a mouse. They also fit
nicely
on the users viewport and don't make my eyes bleed. I also don't host
them
on Yahoo.
==========
So why dont you want to show us one of your sites? Not a personal
site, or a "here's my HTML tutorial site", how about a real site you
did for a company? This is not a "challenge", and not directed
specifically at you Richard, but how about some urls for sites that you
(again not you specifically) have created for companies?
Everyone is so quick to tell everyone else what is wrong, and what they
SHOULD do, how about some real world examples?
Or is everyone here fearfull that if they give out their client's url,
that someone else will try to steal them away?
How about it folks? How about some real life examples of work you have
done.
Anyone? Anyone? Buler?

I have never claimed to have written sites for any one other than my own
personal use.
I do not go around bragging about what I have done and then showing off with
some cheap shot example using a spreadsheet no less.
With all the time "rf" has spent in this group, you would think that by now
he would know html, css, and some javascript, and proudly display his work.

At least Brucie had the savvy to show error correction by the way of a
better working example.
"rf" only yacks and shows nothing.

From this group, primarily, I learned the basics of CSS and how to do a few
things but have a lot more to learn.

And with anything in the computing field, or the internet, one is always in
the phase of learning new tricks.
If one does not learn, how is one to progress?

rf

Travis said:
How about it Richard? Lead the way with some real examples. (Not a
challenge, a request) Pick a comercial site you did, and compare it
with their compeditor. Lets see why it is better.

What makes you think that I write "commercial sites".

I don't.

Most of the stuff I write is can not be accessed from the web and, indeed,
can not even be used in a browser.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
Most of the stuff I write is can not be accessed from the web and, indeed,
can not even be used in a browser.

That's cus it's just scribbled in the mud.

kchayka

Richard said:
And yet, if it wasn't me doing the thing, you wouldn't have made that
remark.

I doubt that. Scrolling divs might look neat, but are awful to use. They
are often inaccessible via keyboard or with a mousewheel. Yours, as
implemented, is even worse because it's dependent on JavaScript. Plus it
has a nonstandard scroll control. See:
<URL:http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20021125.html>

Towards the bottom of the page, under heading Object-Oriented GUI Design:
"One particular usability problem is worth emphasizing: in several
applications, users missed many of the options because of nonstandard
scrollbars."

The fact that the article is about Flash-based applications isn't really
relevant, the idea applies to any GUI.

rf

Richard whined
With all the time "rf" has spent in this group, you would think that by now
he would know html, css, and some javascript, and proudly display his
work.

Why would I display any of my work in a thread started by you? You would
probably just steal it :)

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
This includes good and bad advice apparently.

Here's some good advice - *please* learn to quote properly. Your posts
are very difficult to read and work out who said what.

Barbara de Zoete

Richard whined

work.

Why would I display any of my work in a thread started by you? You would
probably just steal it :)

LOL

--
,------------- PretLetters: 'woest wyf', met vele interesses: --------------.