    spiltter?

    Thank you.
    Eddy
    eddy long, Aug 14, 2005

  2. eddy long

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, eddy long scraped:

    > Can we have both computers online simultaneously using a phone line
    > spiltter?

    This is most certainly the wrong group to ask this question in, but
    think about it... If you have a phone line splitter, can you make phone
    calls from two phones at the same time? No. So the answer to your
    question is also no.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Aug 14, 2005

  3. eddy long

    Baho Utot Guest

    begin On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:13:59 -0400, eddy long wrote:

    > Hello all,
    > We have two PC's and one dedicated phone line for internet dial up access.
    >
    > We do not have access to T-1 or DSL.
    >
    > Can we have both computers online simultaneously using a phone line
    > spiltter?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Eddy

    No such thing as a phone splitter but,

    If you set one of the machines up as a router/NAT then yes.

    What os is on the PC's?

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy
    Baho Utot, Aug 14, 2005
  4. eddy long

    saz Guest

    In article <42ff7883$>, eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net
    says...
    > Hello all,
    > We have two PC's and one dedicated phone line for internet dial up access.
    >
    > We do not have access to T-1 or DSL.
    >
    > Can we have both computers online simultaneously using a phone line
    > spiltter?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Eddy

    Use a router and set up one computer as your internet gateway. I did it
    this way before broadband was available in my area. By using a router
    instead of a hub (which is all you really need right now), you can use
    it for when you get broadband.

    There are many tutorials out there that will describe exactly how to do
    this.
    saz, Aug 14, 2005
  5. eddy long

    Toby Inkster Guest