    therefore cutting out dialup users?

    Thanks for your help.

    Tom
    Keith Blake, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Keith Blake

    PeterMcC Guest

    Keith Blake wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have come across what appears to be a good website that offers
    > free 'photoshop website templates'.
    >
    > I was wondering how do these get converted to html once you have
    > designed the site. Is it a process of having to cut the image up into
    > a thousand pieces and put it all back together on your website as
    > separate .jpegs therefore cutting out dialup users?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Just downloaded one from:
    http://www.freephotoshoptemplates.com/

    It was a zip file with a psd file and three fonts. The "template" was a
    picture of a web site that I'd best describe as a design idea. You are right
    to say that you could modify it and display it on a web site - though
    chopping it up and re-assembling would be largely a waste of effort,
    particularly since the page thus produced would be pretty much useless as a
    web page.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Keith Blake

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <3ffd0e05$0$18749$>,
    says...
    > I was wondering how do these get converted to html once you have designed
    > the site.....

    What you need to do is something called Morticing the picture. In
    simple terms, you look at the picture and decide is this "piece" better
    left as a background color (it is just a color), a jpg (it is a raster
    image), or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

    After you have decided what area will be what. You then use the
    photoshop slicing tool. This allows you to slice the picture up into
    bite size pieces. It will also export your pictures into a nice table
    format, and supply you with the HTML to put it all back together again.

    Sadly, it puts it together using tables rather than CSS. But one can
    live with that if they like.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Whitecrest wrote:
    > or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

    What? Did someone create a new GIF format which used vectors while I
    wasn't looking?
    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Keith Blake

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <bbaLb.164$>,
    says...
    > Whitecrest wrote:
    > > or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

    > What? Did someone create a new GIF format which used vectors while I
    > wasn't looking?

    Too many drugs... way too early to be typing...

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jan 8, 2004