php at home

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gaston Verhulst, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    Running this command gives an output:
    [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'
    Hello World

    I have made a html like this:
    [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ cat helloworld.html
    <head>
    <title>PHP Test</title>
    </head>
    <?
    php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'
    ?>

    When I rum it on my computer I only see a empty field.
    [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ firefox helloworld.html

    My server is Telenet in Belgium and he doesn't support php.
    So, I like to try to run it at home.
    Perhaps I have to install something more?

    Thanks in advance for helping,
    Gaston Verhulst.

    Gaston Verhulst, Dec 28, 2007

  2. Gaston Verhulst

    Sean Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:15:58 +0000, Gaston Verhulst wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Running this command gives an output: [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ php -r
    > 'echo "Hello World\n";' Hello World

    Your post is kind of off-topic. You may want to move this post over to
    comp.lang.php

    > I have made a html like this:
    > [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ cat helloworld.html <html>
    > <head>
    > <title>PHP Test</title>
    > </head>
    > <?
    > php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'

    You need to take out that "-r" you have in there.

    > ?>
    >
    > When I rum it on my computer I only see a empty field.
    > [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ firefox helloworld.html

    You're going to want to save this page as .php so your PHP processor
    picks it up and executes it.

    Sean, Dec 31, 2007