    want to update them with and include?
    TIA
    granpaw
    granpaw, Mar 9, 2006

  2. granpaw

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, granpaw
    <dontsend@here> declared in alt.html:

    > Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
    > want to update them with and include?

    Yes[1].

    [1] Strictly speaking, it can be possible to get the server to parse
    other files as PHP (if your server configuration allows you to), but I
    wouldn't recommend it.

    --
    Mark Parnell

    Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Mark Parnell, Mar 9, 2006

  3. granpaw

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, granpaw quothed:

    > Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
    > want to update them with and include?
    > TIA
    > granpaw

    You can use server-side includes (if your host supports them.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Mar 10, 2006
  4. granpaw

    Toby Inkster Guest

    granpaw wrote:

    > Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
    > want to update them with and include?

    No.

    If you have access to your Apache configuration (httpd.conf or .htaccess
    files) you should be able to set Apache to process files as PHP regardless
    of their name.

    For example, to tell Apache that all files with name matching "*.html" are
    really PHP files:

    AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

    Or to tell it to treat one particular file as PHP:

    <Files myfile.html>
    ForceType application/x-httpd-php
    </Files>

    --