PHP(?) question

firstcustomer

Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;

I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
below).

I'm wanting to know if there is a quick way to "dynamically" change the
contents of the text box (the contents are templated replies to
customer enquiries, and there are about 100 of them).

What I am wanting to do is to have[, for example] one page that is the
HTML (term used loosly as it could be in PHP or similar) that is the
text box and the copy button, and all the replies then in [for example]
text files.

Is there a way to get the HTML page to change the conents of the text
box. I have seen some URLs that have "site.php?content=contentname" in
them, is this what I would use?

Am I making any sense at all?

Anyway, here is the code:

<start>
<script language="JavaScript" src="IncludeFiles/ImageSwap.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript">
function CloseScreen() {
window.close();
}

function selectCode() {
var isMinIE4 = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
var isMinIE5 = (isMinIE4 && navigator.appVersion.indexOf("5.")) >= 0 ?
1 : 0;
if(document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.value.length>0) {
document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.focus();
document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.select();
// //The code below only works with IE5.......
if (isMinIE5==true) {
var strBody = document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.value;
window.clipboardData.setData("Text",strBody);
}
return false;
}
else {
alert("Nothing for be selected");
return false;
</Script>
<head>
</head>

<form name="frmKnowledgeBase" onSubmit="return selectCode();">
height="100%">

align="center">

style='background-color:#F2F2F2;width:100%;'>Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your positive suggestions and feedback about
our website.

We have passed the points you raised on to our technical and
design support teams.

etc etc etc

blah blah blah

We hope you enjoy using our site and we look forward to your
next visit.

Regards

The website

</textarea></td>
id='image'1 name='image'1></td>

</form>

</end>

TIA

hywel.jenkins

Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;

I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
below).

Put them all in a database and use the querystring or post data to
determine which one to retrieve and display in the text box.

Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

firstcustomer

Put them all in a database and use the querystring or post data to
determine which one to retrieve and display in the text box.

Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

Hi Hywel, long time no see, thanks for that. I don't really understand
what you mean though, could you elaborate a little?

firstcustomer

Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

Sorry, forgot to address this bit in my earlier reply.

The user will then paste the response into an email system and send the
reply to the customer.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Sorry, forgot to address this bit in my earlier reply.

The user will then paste the response into an email system and send the
reply to the customer.

Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on the
same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

firstcustomer

Adrienne said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in

Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on the
same page and submit/mail it at the same time.
Hi Adrienne,

I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses will
not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What I
am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses to be
stored and uses easily.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Hi Adrienne,

I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses will
not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What I
am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses to be
stored and uses easily.

Exactly what I meant by "canned response". The templated responses should
be stored in a db, then the user can look through the various responses
(coming from the db), select the appropriate one, write the person's email
into the form on the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

firstcustomer

Adrienne said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in

Exactly what I meant by "canned response". The templated responses should
be stored in a db, then the user can look through the various responses
(coming from the db), select the appropriate one, write the person's email
into the form on the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.
eek! I only know HTML! I'm guessing that you're talking about SQL and
stuff now aren't you?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
eek! I only know HTML! I'm guessing that you're talking about SQL and
stuff now aren't you?

No eek, it's really pretty simple. Trust me, once you learn this, you'll
put everything you can think of into a db. Much easier, let the db do the
work.

You can take a quick SQL tutorial over at
<http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp>.