PHP(?) question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by firstcustomer@gmail.com, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;

    I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    below).

    I'm wanting to know if there is a quick way to "dynamically" change the
    contents of the text box (the contents are templated replies to
    customer enquiries, and there are about 100 of them).

    What I am wanting to do is to have[, for example] one page that is the
    HTML (term used loosly as it could be in PHP or similar) that is the
    text box and the copy button, and all the replies then in [for example]
    text files.

    Is there a way to get the HTML page to change the conents of the text
    box. I have seen some URLs that have "site.php?content=contentname" in
    them, is this what I would use?

    Am I making any sense at all?

    Anyway, here is the code:

    <start>
    <script language="JavaScript" src="IncludeFiles/ImageSwap.js"></script>

    <script language="JavaScript">
    function CloseScreen() {
    window.close();
    }

    function selectCode() {
    var isMinIE4 = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
    var isMinIE5 = (isMinIE4 && navigator.appVersion.indexOf("5.")) >= 0 ?
    1 : 0;
    if(document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.value.length>0) {
    document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.focus();
    document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.select();
    // //The code below only works with IE5.......
    if (isMinIE5==true) {
    var strBody = document.frmKnowledgeBase.txtBody.value;
    window.clipboardData.setData("Text",strBody);
    }
    return false;
    }
    else {
    alert("Nothing for be selected");
    return false;
    </Script>
    <head>
    </head>

    <form name="frmKnowledgeBase" onSubmit="return selectCode();">
    height="100%">

    align="center">

    style='background-color:#F2F2F2;width:100%;'>Dear XXXXX,

    Thank you for your positive suggestions and feedback about
    our website.

    We have passed the points you raised on to our technical and
    design support teams.

    etc etc etc

    blah blah blah

    We hope you enjoy using our site and we look forward to your
    next visit.

    Regards

    The website

    </textarea></td>
    id='image'1 name='image'1></td>

    </form>

    </end>

    TIA
    --
    Neil
    , Mar 15, 2006

    wrote:
    > Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;
    >
    > I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    > copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    > below).

    Put them all in a database and use the querystring or post data to
    determine which one to retrieve and display in the text box.

    Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

    --
    Hywel
    , Mar 15, 2006

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;
    > >
    > > I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    > > copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    > > below).
    > >

    > Put them all in a database and use the querystring or post data to
    > determine which one to retrieve and display in the text box.
    >
    > Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    > to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

    Hi Hywel, long time no see, thanks for that. I don't really understand
    what you mean though, could you elaborate a little?
    --
    Neil
    , Mar 15, 2006

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;
    > >
    > > I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    > > copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    > > below).
    > >

    > Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    > to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

    Sorry, forgot to address this bit in my earlier reply.

    The user will then paste the response into an email system and send the
    reply to the customer.
    , Mar 15, 2006
  5. Neil Monk Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;
    >>>
    >>> I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    >>> copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    >>> below).
    >>>

    >> Put them all in a database and use the querystring or post data to
    >> determine which one to retrieve and display in the text box.
    >>
    >> Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    >> to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?
    >>

    > Hi Hywel, long time no see, thanks for that. I don't really understand
    > what you mean though, could you elaborate a little?

    Anyone....?
    --
    Neil
    - www.neilmonk.com -
    Neil Monk, Mar 15, 2006
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Hi, I'm wanting to know if this is possible;
    >> >
    >> > I've got a HTML page that is basically a text box with a botton that
    >> > copies the contents of the textbox to the clipboard (source code
    >> > below).
    >> >

    >> Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    >> to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

    > Sorry, forgot to address this bit in my earlier reply.
    >
    > The user will then paste the response into an email system and send the
    > reply to the customer.

    Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
    choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on the
    same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 16, 2006

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in
    >

    > > wrote:

    > >> Why are you displaying them in the text box and making them available
    > >> to the clipboard? What happens once the data is on the clipboard?

    > > Sorry, forgot to address this bit in my earlier reply.
    > >
    > > The user will then paste the response into an email system and send the
    > > reply to the customer.
    > >

    > Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
    > choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on the
    > same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

    Hi Adrienne,

    I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses will
    not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
    intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What I
    am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses to be
    stored and uses easily.
    --
    Neil
    , Mar 16, 2006
  8. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    >> > The user will then paste the response into an email system and send
    >> > the reply to the customer.
    >> >

    >> Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
    >> choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on
    >> the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.
    >>

    > Hi Adrienne,
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses will
    > not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
    > intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What I
    > am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses to be
    > stored and uses easily.

    Exactly what I meant by "canned response". The templated responses should
    be stored in a db, then the user can look through the various responses
    (coming from the db), select the appropriate one, write the person's email
    into the form on the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 16, 2006

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > >> Are these canned responses? If so, it would be easy for the person to
    > >> choose which ever one, then write the person's email into a form on
    > >> the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.
    > >>

    > > Hi Adrienne,
    > >
    > > I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses will
    > > not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
    > > intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What I
    > > am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses to be
    > > stored and uses easily.
    > >

    > Exactly what I meant by "canned response". The templated responses should
    > be stored in a db, then the user can look through the various responses
    > (coming from the db), select the appropriate one, write the person's email
    > into the form on the same page and submit/mail it at the same time.

    eek! I only know HTML! I'm guessing that you're talking about SQL and
    stuff now aren't you?
    , Mar 16, 2006
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing
    >> in news::

    >> > Hi Adrienne,
    >> >
    >> > I'm not sure what you mean by "canned responses" but the responses
    >> > will not be on the company intranet due to red tape. There is an
    >> > intranet-based system that the user uses to send the responses. What
    >> > I am trying to do will just be a place for the templated responses
    >> > to be stored and uses easily.
    >> >

    >> Exactly what I meant by "canned response". The templated responses
    >> should be stored in a db, then the user can look through the various
    >> person's email into the form on the same page and submit/mail it at
    >> the same time.
    >>

    > eek! I only know HTML! I'm guessing that you're talking about SQL and
    > stuff now aren't you?

    No eek, it's really pretty simple. Trust me, once you learn this, you'll
    put everything you can think of into a db. Much easier, let the db do the
    work.

    You can take a quick SQL tutorial over at
    <http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp>.
    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 16, 2006